Monday, August 11, 2008

Six and half days to go

Yikes, one week to go. Lots of happenings here around the house. David started painting the room this past week, and had the ceiling done and one coat of paint. The paint job was great but I hated the color. It was called Corn Husk Green, and a little too neon green/key lime. My sister Shelbe said, "it really jumps out at ya". It matched her bedding well, but my gut just kept telling me this isn't the color. So this morning we ventured (David was not so enthused) to Home Depot to pick out a different color. This one is a more adult color, but beautiful. It's called Mother Nature. Definetly, a more soothing color.
I worked this weekend, and stayed fairly busy. Meanwhile at home, Joe had some type of sore throat/runny nose with a fever. I couldn't find any of my thermometers, but I think his fever finally broke sometime after midnight, early this morning. David did an excellent job of staying on top of the Motrin, keeping fluids in him and babying him the way a mama does. Being at work, I felt very relieved. You can tell Joe loved the attention that comes with being sick; like drinking lots of Gatorade, watching TV constantly, eating on the living room floor, basically getting to do whatever he wanted, when he wanted. Because this morning, as I tried to reinforce some baseline rules, I was greeted with an immediate screaming fit. At least I know he is feeling better.
Lots to do this week, from packing our bags, stocking the house, getting Joe and David haircuts, getting my toes done, washing some baby clothes, putting bedding on the crib, meeting at work, playgroup, doctor's appointment, and work on Saturday. Like every week, I hope to post pics. At least a final pic of us as a threesome. Someone at work reminded me, this is my last week with only one child, which made me kind of sad, because I won't be able to give Joe all of my attention. But to have another little one, to love and watch grow into a little person will be worth it.

No comments: