Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another Update

The transition to a family of four has been quite smooth, and there really is only one person to thank for that, and that person is David. Dave has basically taken over the house, and care of Joe - allowing me to stay on the couch and focus on Charlotte. My biggest issue has been my pain tolerance and inability to do much around the house. On Thursday night I went up and down the stairs one too many times because on Friday I was in pain practically all day. So Charlotte and I are camped out in the living room for at least a week. It's a slumber party!

This is a common position for baby girl: passed out on my shoulder or chest after eating.

Joe holding Charlotte for the first time. She's yawning not crying.


Our first family picture. Not quite the motherly glow I hoped for. I look a bit pale. My hemoglobin dropped from 12.4 to 8 from my blood loss.


Every year on the third weekend of August, Bonner Springs holds the Tiblow Days celebration. Henry Tiblow founded the city of Bonner Springs. This morning Dave took Joe up to the parade, and I sent him with the camera to get some good pics of Joe. I don't think I made my intentions clear, because he took pictures of all the cars in the parade and none of Joe.

One of many parade pics. A Shriner on a motorized toilet.




This is a float for Kerby Farm, my favorite pumpkin patch. I have only been to two pumpkin patches in my life, but this one is owned and operated by the Kerby family, and the reason I like it is because it isn't about sucking up all of your money like some pumpkin patches (like ones with ATMs in the barn). Their prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is very quaint. Going to Kerby's is one outing I look forward to in the fall.


Tomorrow my mom is bringing my grandma over to see the baby. David pointed out that there will be four generations of women in the house.




No comments: