Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home

Our new family arrived home together around 12:30 this afternoon. It was quite uneventful, and that is how I like it. David, Joe and I ate a quick lunch. We all went upstairs, and I fed Charlotte, then everyone took a nap. Charlotte and I slept for three plus hours, Joe slept for 3-4 hours, and Dad laid low watching TV. These pics are from the hospital, but I still wanted to post them.
This is Charlotte shortly after birth and her first bath.
Day 0 of life.

This is Day 1 of life. At this point she had lost almost 6% of her weight, and swelling has subsided in her face.


This is the second time Joseph saw Charlotte, and he is focused on her feet.



Here Joe is focused on her belly button. I am not sure why?
As of this morning Charlotte had not lost anymore weight. I had to supplement her with formula and a method of breastfeeding called tube assist - I will explain sometime if anyone is interested. It required lots of attention and coordination. But as of now, the flood gates have opened and I am starting to hurt. For some reason I can't get my breastpump to work, which I was hoping would help relieve some of the pressure. A note to all of the guys who read the blog, you are going to have to deal with some "boob talk" for probably a couple of weeks. It will be good for you. It can help you sympathize with your wives, daughters, nieces and what they go through, and how much work breastfeeding can be.
On a slightly different note, Joseph still occassionally grabs his ear and or base of his neck on the right side, and turns his head funny. Any future PNPs with a diagnosis? Our peds office thought he was fine, of course right? He still is actively playing, eating, drinking etc. So I guess I should just keep watching right? Well, I will be starting dinner. Be on the lookout for more pics. They change so fast.
Oh and Sherri, I love the perfume!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryanne- Love the pics. Isn't seeing Joe's reaction the best. I will never forget the moment that Liam held Gavin for the first time. Take lots of pictures and video!!!

If you need a breast pump CALL ME!!! I will bring it to your house tomorrow for you to use as long as you would like!!! Just say the word. You have to have a pump girl :)

Did your doc look in Joe's ears and throat? As long as he is eating, drinking OK and isn't febrile then he is probably fine. Even if he has an ear infection but is acting OK then you don't need to treat (according to the latest evidenced based practice).

Good luck in your first night as a fam of four! It is the best. Call me if you need anything!!! 913-742-8799