Friday, August 15, 2008

Did I Say Yikes?

Well, I had a video of Joe catching bubbles in the bathtub, but it took forever to download, and I gave up. Tomorrow, my mom is picking up Joe and keeping him overnight while I work and, so David can work around the house. Sunday, I am hoping to tidy up the house and finish packing, but also spend time together as a family. Then Monday is the big day. You have nine months to prepare, worry and anticipate the day, only for it to seem surreal. No matter how much you dream, plan, prepare, you never feel ready. Physically, I am more than ready. Mentally, I am excited to add to our family, but I'm oh so scared to take on two kids at one time.
For the past couple of days, I had Joe go diaper less around the house - just to air out his tush. And, all be darn, he used the potty chair several times, every time he needed to void, without being prompted. He would be in the middle of playing, and then stop himself, run into the bathroom and "go". While I was at my doctor's appointment, David put on his Elmo underwear and that is when he had an accident. So what do I make of this development? Right now, I don't plan to do much, but at least I know, he knows when to "go".
I feel like there are so many more things on my mind, but it's late, and I have to work tomorrow. I'm definitely not feeling up to par, but I don' want to use up any of my time off. So I called them tonight, and asked for an easier assignment. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you momma. It is harder with two kids but it is so much better. The joy of seeing your first be a good big brother to your second outweighs the sadness of losing your "only" baby boy. Baby girl comes and soon you're thinking "what did this family do without her?" I can't wait to meet her. See you today at work.

Anonymous said...

I'm am also anxious to meet "baby girl." Uncle Joe is sure sorry he can't be here to meet her, but I promised him to send pictures. We anxiously await her arrival and hope for your quick recovery. You are so lucky to have one of each to make your family complete. Now you can have snakes and snails, and ribbons and bows. Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you tomorrow sweetie. We're all so excited to welcome a new baby girl into the family - my first "great" niece! Can hardly wait to see her! Love from all of us, A. Vonnie, U. Bruce, the guys, Grace, Suzy and Abby Rai!