Friday, August 1, 2008

Sleep, Huh? Who needs sleep?

Tick tock, you never think you will get to this point, but here we are the month of. Just wait until the night before, right? Well at my OB appt yesterday, she seems very proactive (couldn't think of a different word) about me having a VBAC, should I go into labor early. But anything after 39 weeks she is guessing 9 lbs, so we scheduled the c-section for August 18. At this point I am miserable, but things just aren't ready at home (story of my life) so I am willing to wait.
As for sleep, some nights I may sleep for 3-4 hours at a time, but I have to be fairly dehydrated and not have any heartburn (which depends on dinner). Most nights, like last night I am awake every hour. I even tried a bath before bed and read a book about baby sleeping habits, but nothing works. I know everyone goes through this, but since it is morning and Joe is raring to go I have to bitch.
I tried to take pics of Joe last night when he was eating corn on the cob, and an ice cream cone on the front porch, but he is more interested in looking at the pics on the camera than letting me take some. Besides the ice cream was extremely messy, but fun none the less. Lately, it seems that Mondays are whiney, hyperactive days for Joe, then by Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I have him straightened out. Hmmmm, wonder what goes on during the weekends?
Today I am going to get my hair cut and darkened. Not sure how dark, knowing me it will probably be subtle, but getting my hair cut is one of my favorite things to do. Glad to work the weekend, since there is a heat advisory, and it rained all week long.

No comments: