Monday, August 25, 2008

One Week

I can't believe it has already been one week since Charlotte was born. Granted I feel like I have overcome a wall with my recovery which makes me glad that the week has passed, but I just don't want her to grow up so fast. I love this newborn period. Last night was a better night in terms of breastfeeding. She only woke up every 2-3 hours, and fell back asleep with little effort. The past two nights remind me of something I learned with Joseph, and that is you can't expect a baby to act the same way and do everything the same, every day. Just like we have good days and bad, so do they.
This morning the family traveled to the peditrician's office for baby girl's one week well baby exam. And basically we needed to make sure she was gaining weight. When we left the hospital on Thursday,Charlotte weighed 9 lbs. 13 oz. Today she weighs 10lbs. 4oz. Babies are supposed to gain one ounce per day, and she gained seven ounces in three days, so our doc seemed quite pleased. I was a little disappointed because at one week, Joseph had gained his birth weight and then some. But she didn't lose any weight, so really there is nothing to fret about.
Below are some one week pictures. Charlotte wasn't all that thrilled with the process, but I had fun, and got one or two decent pics. I just wish her face didn't look so squished in some of them. I may try to get some more tomorrow, when she is in a better mood and had a big meal.

Zinnias from our garden.

She is wearing a 3-6 month onesie.




I like this picture. Because it shows her multi-faceted personality.

No comments: